Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011

The tsunami did not affect Alaska at all, it never made it up here. On my flight to Alaska there were 40 missionaries leaving the MTC with us going to Japan, 20 of which were going to Tokyo...it makes me worry a bit, but I am sure that they are safe.

I am not used to people like Sister Dance, she is really nice but has intense stare, like she stares into your eyes and looks right at your soul and always has something really nice to say about you. She liked the aura that surrounds me and loves how friendly I am. Its hard to respond to her when she says things like that cause I'm simply not used to it. I usually just say thank you. The first time she tried that staring into my soul thing she accidental focused on my left eye and seemed a little confused then looking into my right eye and started saying nice things. (note to self, contacts block people from staring into the soul).

President and Sister Dance are both very nice people, but I will not have them my whole mission, I believe we get a new President in 6 months or so.

We do not do tracting as it is ineffective to preach to Samoans as a bunch of palangi (gringos) unless their friends recommend us to them. We have put 5 people on date to be baptized this year, beating their average baptism per year by one. (average baptism per year in Samoan wards is about 3-4) the ward is very excited and I think they are starting to trust us a lot more considering 3 of them a mom and 2 daughters is friends of the Bishop's wife who she referred to us. My companion served in Anchorage in Samoan before the wards split, there are 3 Samoan wards in Anchorage. We are incharge of the Dimond Ward. There are 2 missionaries in each branch or ward in Alaska.

This week they have been doing specialized training it felt like I was back in the MTC. It was new to the missionaries in the mission field but I had even newer curriculum than they were teaching because I was in the pilot program at the MTC. I pretty much knew what they were going to say before they said it. It was really good but it would be like watching the same episode of monk for 3 weeks straight like 10 times a day.

I love you but have to go see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment